Sunday, November 1, 2009

Brownies and Carnies

I found out that Lady Antebellum was coming to Phoenix for the state fair a few weeks ago. I bought myself a pair of tickets and Vanie and I went. Vanie is a beautiful "brownie" (a term that I don't think I've ever heard before from a Mexican), and she is awesome.

Before the concert I had to have a taste of the carnival goodie deliciousness. I can't remember the last time I had a funnel cake, and this one didn't disappoint. Maybe I'll try making them sometime.


If it could get any better after that, it did. The concert was so awesome. It was different because they were the only band and they only have one album. So they played six or seven of their songs and then four or five of other people. I don't know if the two lead singers have ever dated. I'm not sure if there is actually chemistry between them. But they are two very sexy people, which can be mistaken for people with chemistry. Anyways.


After I had a fried Snickers for my first time, we rode the ferris wheel for my first time in maybe fifteen years, played a few games, people watched, and had a snow cone. It was a great night.

1 comment:

RC said...

Ante Bellum is a great group. I listened to several of their songs on the internet and was amazed. I wish your mother and I could have made that concert. Glad you found a brownie that you like a lot. Glad you had fun a the carnival. Should have had a corn dog though.