Sunday, April 26, 2009

Alterations

While i was helping Bridget pack up some of her things the other day, one of her roommates asked me if I would hem her jeans for her. I did. But while I had the sewing machine out I decided to attempt to alter one of my dress shirts. The problem with dress shirts is that most are only sized by the neck. They figure that all people with a 16.5" neck are the same size through the rest of their torso as well. I have thought about sewing darts before into my shirts, and decided I would give it a try finally. So I sewed four of them into the back of my shirt. And it fit great. But then I showed Christin and she informed me that it looked like a girl's shirt. She was right.






So back I went to the machine and decided to do two much longer ones. I also took up the sleeves not quite an inch and took the arms in a little more than an inch all the way down. And really, it turned out pretty good.

2 comments:

indeazgirl said...

Our great-great-great grandpa would be so proud. :-)

RC said...

I agree with Christin, it looks "girly".