Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Ambient Noise

Living with Christin is never exactly quiet. She is not someone that has often been described as quiet. By her own admission, I know that her laugh is so loud it sometimes scares her (and half of the theater that went to see X-Men: Origins).

Recently she has started school. What I am realizing is I need some noise. If she is reading, the house is quiet. She is not talking very often, and honestly, things seem all kinds of wrong. I am finding myself trying to play more music, but the music is very annoying/distracting to her. Luckily I just tried out Andrea Bocelli, and I think it's a winner. Whew! For both of us.

4 comments:

Katie said...

Haha that's cute.

Bridget "Fun" Lynott said...

Headphones.
Great Invention!

Anonymous said...

Someday when you are a big kid like me and have children, quite will be your favorite sound in the world.

RC said...

If you think your house is quiet, try living in Bullhead WITHOUT grandchildren. It is BORING!!!!
and deathly quiet. Of course the house does stay a bit more "unmessy" :o)