Saturday, May 14, 2011

There's Something In The Attic

Jeffrey came home the other day and asked me if I wanted to help him insulate his mother's attic. I am not exactly sure why I agreed to this. Mostly because I love his mom I suppose. She's really an amazing woman. But partially because I'm a guy and there is something oddly fulfilling about stuff like that. So Jeffrey and I, without either of us knowing a thing about how to insulate an attic, read a little bit, and went to work.

Turns out insulation is more expensive than we thought. The four or five hundred dollars that we thought it would cost ended up being about twelve hundred dollars (she was planning on two grand, so it was still okay). We filled up the garage with three trips in the mini van, bought painting jump suits, goggles, gloves, and before long were unrolling yards and yards of insulation. It took about three days, left us sore for another week, earned us a dinner from his mom at The Keg, and left us with the feeling that we had done something really good. Not a bad day's (or three partial days) work.

And it's saved her a ton on her utility bill already.
And I'm thinking about buying another jumpsuit just cause I look so good in it.





3 comments:

Bonnie said...

It is sooo great that you could help and his mother AND GET A HOT NEW OUTFIT!

RC said...

Glad to see you are putting your spare time to good use. Service to others is our motto it seems. I am surprised we had no butt shots in your suit!

indeazgirl said...

You do look great in that white jumpsuit. very nice. and good-looking steak, too!