Thursday, October 15, 2009

It's So Much Better Toasted

Toasting my bread today for the second time after it came out only slightly warm, I thought, "I hate toasters." The thing is, it was a great idea. For some reason though they are the most inconsistent pieces of culinary equipment ever commercially produced. It seems they always toast the bread not nearly enough. Unless of course you turn the knob a fraction of an inch clockwise. Then you will have the charred remains of your slice of bread that only my mother, grandfather, or Teri Hatcher would eat.

How much does it cost to get a good toaster? I bought one for $7 once at Walmart and I held a grudge against them for months. I think I actually should have been paid to use such garbage. My sister has one that was probably $40 and performs only slightly better. My parents have yet a more expensive one, which approaches the tipping point of a toaster worth owning. I decided to do a little research and I found out exactly how much you need to spend to get a decent toaster.



Now you need to link here to read about it.

I know, right? That's how you'll know when I make it one day friends. I will have that beautiful $379.95 toaster sitting in my kitchen. We could even talk about it over toast and jam if you come visit me.

1 comment:

Bridget "Fun" Lynott said...

You need a little oven like I have. It toasts things perfectly!

(And it wasn't almost $400 bucks)