Sunday, March 20, 2011

Breaking Up Sucks

... however, the songs about it are excellent. I love a well written love song, but almost as much, I love a good break up song. Something about being able to translate the emotions of a break up into a song impresses me greatly. And movies? Have you seen The Break-Up? Cause there are a lot of excellent movies about love, but not very many that are about how crappy it is to end that love. Here are a few of my favorite songs of this sad variety:

Garth Brooks - Not Counting You

I know I'm going to post this and then remember six more excellent ones. But. This is a decent list.

4 comments:

RC said...

yep, Garth has it hands down! You forgot the old ones like D I V O R C E, Tammy Wynette, Today I started loving you again, George Jones and oh well, you get the picture....I'm old.

RC said...

And then there is "the world ain't gonna stop for my broken heart" by Reba....one of the greatest of all times.

indeazgirl said...

Nice dad. "The World Ain't Gonna Stop" is a good one.
Along with "Good-bye my Lover" (I just want a taste....)
by James Blunt, Toni Braxton "Breathe Again" & "Unbreak my heart," Pearl Jam "Black," Usher "Let it Burn" Garth Brooks "I Still Think About you.." (Does that one count?)

I'm sure there'll be more...

indeazgirl said...

oh. and the keith urban song is "You'll think of me..." that's the one that gets me