Sunday, February 28, 2010

Weekend of Parties

Well my single friend group took another hit a few weeks ago as my friends Jason and Tricia got married (not to each other though). I invited myself to Jason's wedding which was a very nice, outdoors in his parents neighborhood. It couldn't have been more perfect weather, and since I'm realizing more and more how similar Jason and mine's tastes are, it was one of my favorite receptions I've ever been to.


After the reception John and I met up with Tricia's fiancé and his friends for his bachelor party (another event that I decided to invite myself to). Instead of going bowling though, we walked down Mill Ave (the main party street in Tempe). It was one of the more awkward experiences of my life. After one of them announced to the entire street that we didn't drink, we went into the sex shop where they announced that we were all virgins. Awesome.


On the bright side, John and I each got James (fiancé) a few little things which I think they'll enjoy.


Saturday night met us with Tricia's reception which was at the super nice club house by her parents' place. And there was delicious real food, delicious cake, a groom in a white tux, Tricia looking gorgeous, and a very exciting garter toss. It was a good time. The Mardi Gras party we went to afterwards was maybe not as exciting, but there was worse things we could have done. I actually went into one of the bedrooms to get away from the noise and we got caught up on each other's lives. And yeah, everyone thought we made out in there. This ex-girlfriend relationship thing is funny sometimes.

Monday was my friend Kenia's birthday, so I went out to eat with a few of them to this Italian restaurant called Postino's. It was a really fun group of people, it was good food, and I had a really good time. And I even met a girl that jumped off the Mill Ave bridge one night into Tempe Town Lake in her bra and panties cause she always wanted to. Something I wouldn't do, and something she said she felt like she was washing off for a week, but still cool. It was a good weekend.

1 comment:

RC said...

So during the "exciting garter toss" did you display your awsome ability to catch and actually get it? You know that is something you should be striving for.