Sunday, July 11, 2010

The Real Price of Free Food

I find myself a little on the tight side when I go out to eat. I can't remember the last time I ordered a combo meal at any fast food restaurant. I am a very strict dollar menu shopper. Which really is ridiculous. It is usually only a dollar or two more. And I do love fries. But the value menu has it's hold on me.

Yesterday Jeff found out that if you dress up like a cow you got free food at Chik-fil-et. On their website was even a convenient cow costume that you could print out. So twelve pages later we had four cow costumes. We began cutting, taping, and tying to assemble our costumes. We looked awesome. And by that I mean completely ridiculous. However we got not just a free sandwich like I expected but any combo meal we wanted. Unfortunately I had other things to do and couldn't stay with them, but the guys drove another forty or so miles so they could go to the other two Chik-fil-et's in the valley to get another meal. It is funny how much work we will go to sometimes to get something for free.



I'm going to need to work on getting an udder for next year.

1 comment:

RC said...

I don't think if you counted the time it took to print the cow things, drove to the restaraunt(s) and the amount of ridicule you surely received for doing this, that you could call this FREE FOOD.