Saturday, June 20, 2009

"Do you work out?"

Even though I do not spend a lot of time in the gym or really enjoy going all that much, I do enjoy the result of it. Like everyone, I really enjoy being complemented on my body. However yesterday at the library I sat down to read and then shortly after I had someone ask me if I worked out. Normally I would be very flattered. Normally I would expect it to come from a girl though. Yep, you read that right. Some guy (probably about my age, black) asked me that. Then he told me that I had "like, the perfect body" and that he wanted his to look like that. I kinda laughed and went back to reading. A few more minutes pass and he starts talking to me about hte book I was reading, Oliver Twist by Charles Dickens. Anyways, he talked to me for the next forty-five minutes about Dickens, other literature, what sign I was, me mentioning several times that I had ex-GIRLfriends and me not drinking. The conversation finally concluded at five, though I am unsure if it was because the library was closing or because I threw out the Mormon card. Whatever the reason, I was happy it was over. Not that it was bad conversation or really that uncomfortable, but having a guy flirt with me for that long was, well, not what I went to the library for.

2 comments:

Bridget "Fun" Lynott said...

Maybe he knew my mom.. and they were putting you to the test!

But really we do all know what a great body you have so at least you can be grateful that people of all different shapes and sizes... and preferences think so too!

RC said...

You silly savage....(say this with a slight lisp for the full effect)