Saturday, December 5, 2009

Mistborn

Jane talked about her brother being an author for quite some time. Every time I asked what her brother did actually, since he's been doing it since I met Jane. I never really thought much of reading one of his books though. I found one in Barnes and Noble a few months ago and thought how cool it was that I had met this author. But then I took a trip to the library and got one of his books. Maybe just to get on Jane's good side.

I checked out the only book of his that Phoenix had at the time, which was book two of a trilogy. It didn't seem like a big deal, as I didn't actually think I would like it that much. Turns out I was wrong. I read that book in about a week (I had a lot of work in Yuma). I then began the search for the next one. Six hours or so into my search I had visited three libraries and called another before I found a copy (they all said they had it in). I arrived at Scottsdale to have the woman that was holding it tell me that the author downstairs was Brandon Sanderson doing a book signing. Yep. That's him.


As I had been texting Jane all day telling her about the experience, I had to call and tell her "Thank You" for telling me her brother was in Phoenix. And no I didn't go buy a book. And I didn't wait in line cause I felt like a lame fan who hadn't read anything of his until the previous week. So I left.

I think I am going to be going to church with him on Sunday in Provo though. Yep, I'll distract him the whole stinkin' time with questions about his books.

They are awesome though. I read the first one finally. And Kate Beckinsale could probably be Vin (tough little protagonist) if it were made into a movie. Which it should be.

2 comments:

Bridget "Fun" Lynott said...

You retard! How did you not go say hi?

RC said...

I agree with Bridg! It would have been a great way to break into the family a little more. Who wouldn't want to meet his little sisters favorite admirer?! You missed a great chance with this one.