Wednesday, December 7, 2011

My Poor Car

It might be fairly cheap and spacious where we live, but it might be in an area that some would consider "slightly ghetto". That being said, after having lived here for three months, I will now be more careful about what I leave in open sight in the back seat of my car.


I thought they stole an alarm. But I found that later. The day after it happened though I got a call from a bishop in another ward. A member of his ward had found our temple clothes on the side of the road. Luckily, he had seen them scattered on the side of the road and gathered them up. Through Facebook he hunted down Brea, found her new last name, and with the help of the stake directory online tracked us down. And we got very nearly everything back.

I called for some quotes, and was told it would be nearly two hundred dollars to replace. Instead I took a drive to the "less fancy" part of Phoenix and I found a small shop that sold me the window for thirty five bucks. It took me almost two hours to figure out how to put it in, but we are a hundred and fifty dollars less poor, and I know a little more about car repair. And whoever sits behind the passenger has a tinted window now, which is great for them.

2 comments:

shirley elizabeth said...

That is almost exactly the same story my brother had to tell once...except the engagement ring he was going to propose with was no longer in the bag. Maybe we should all keep pass along cards in our temple bags now...

RC said...

I am betting the theives that thought they were getting a laptop with a case were a bit disappointed with the temple clothes. Not sure you could hock them too fast or easily and I am sure you would not get more than a few bucks for them. Hard lesson to learn but one that will prove to be valuable in the future. Mayby you can find the guys who did it and line them up with the missionaries. Or sherrif Apaio.