Monday, May 25, 2009

Back In Texas

I made it. Thanks to John and Christin saving me and my broken down car in Tucson, I made it to Fort Worth. Work has been terribly slow, and I am not sure what I am going to do about it, but I am happy to be back in Texas. The first job I went to was hard, I did a lot of crawling around in a very hot attic, but the lady gave me and the other tech each three bottles of water and a piece of lemon pound cake in a Ziploc bag. The next day she gave us each two more when we came back. Then she spent five minutes on the phone with the company telling them how great we were. It didn’t take long to remember why I like this place.

3 comments:

Bridget "Fun" Lynott said...

Didn't you forget something about the pancakes in the shape of Texas on the way there?

indeazgirl said...

Oh, I love Texas. I love going to grocery stores where I hear, "Howdy, ma'am" as soon as I walk through the door.
And Texas pound cake. Sweet.

RC said...

Did she refer to you as "sugar" all the time? I love Texas women.