Thursday, May 7, 2009

Sesame Street and my sister

Christin is biased.
She hates Walmart. You would simply be amazed at the grief I get for bringing home a Walmart bag. It doesn't matter what is in it. I don't actually know if she would use a toothbrush if I bought one for her from Walmart. Who knows what would happen if I ever let her know that I buy our toilet paper there!!!

One thing in particular that she hates is Tyson chicken, chicken that is bought at Walmart. It is a little bigger than most chicken breasts you would usually buy. Now we shop at Fresh and Easy, and Christin thinks that it is the greatest store in the world (they do have very delicious blueberry jelly actually). I bought some chicken there the other day and tonight I took it out of the packages to freeze them in freezer bags. Holy smokes. They might have been the biggest breasts I have ever seen ( . . . ha ha). But in all seriousness, I am slightly suspicious that those clever Europeans conned Sesame Street into breeding Big Bird. In a four and a half pound package, there are only four chicken breasts!! A pound a piece!!! I mean, I'm thinking about writing Dean Cain and getting Ripley's out there. Maybe there's some crazy ET stuff going on. Maybe it's not really chicken, they're actually just goats and they package it in chicken broth. Or even worse . . . Fresh and Easy buys their chicken feed from Walmart!!!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Christin shouldn't change her views on walmart, they ARE the devil. Everytime I go in one it's like I've fallen into a black hole and I'm never getting out again.Plus the smell. I hate the smell of Walmart. Sometimes it's very hard for me to shop at Sam's Club because they are the same company. If we only had a Cosco.

indeazgirl said...

I am right about wal-mart. But I am scared of this crazy cheap chicken. I only have so many years to keep my eggs healthy....

Anonymous said...

You should hear my crazy food teacher go off about Tyson. It'll make you never want to touch their chicken again...

p.s. I saw your spelling error before you fixed it.

RC said...

Maybe it was a turkey breast?? Still have a spelling error. Their not there.....
What difference does any brand of chicken make? As long as it is cooked to the proper temperature all the bugs are killed and it is just CHICKEN. Doesn't matter if you pay $1 a pound or $10 a pound in the end, it is all the SAME. Get off your high horse and use the brain God gave you to ECONOMIZE. Sorry Christin, I know you will have to look up that word.

Bridget "Fun" Lynott said...

I don't know what was better... actual blog post or the responses! Both of you should be happy you don't live in a town of 10,000 people and have only 3 options for grocery stores. You both might die!Or worse yet...starve!

indeazgirl said...

You tell me, Bridget, that there aren't enough snooty people in Park City to round up some organic chicken....

bradleyjohn said...

Busted. I'm so embarrassed.